Cisco 2900 Series Routers Bahrain
Cisco 2900 Series Routers are integrated service router designed to meet today’s branch office demands.2900 family routers are the next-generation modular production devices, the further development of the Cisco ISR 2800 series. Cisco 2900 Series is supported by a large number of expansion modules, which allows building systems based on the business requirements. These routers are multi-service devices with support for encryption, voice transmission, connection to 3G wireless networks and communication through various data transmission media. The Cisco 2900 can perform the functions of an IP PBX System for a mid-sized office or branch office.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports with the ability to switch to optics (SFP-connectors),
- EHWIC expansion slots, compatible with the previous generation WIC / VWIC / HWIC modules,
- Expansion slots for SM modules (Service Modules), compatible with previous generation modules NM / NME / EVM,
- Internal connectors for ISM modules (Internal Service Modules), replacing AIM modules of the previous generation (there is no compatibility with AIM),
- Internal connectors for digital signal processing (DSP) modules – PVDM3 to support voice and video functions (compatible with PVDM2),
- Bandwidth (routing speed) up to 75 megabits per second,
- Universal iOS, all functions of which are available in one complete firmware and the individual elements of which are opened by the purchase of the corresponding keys – software activation,
- Console port USB standard (in addition to the usual COM-port)
More About Cisco 2900 Series Routers
Cisco 2900 Routers are future-rich with multicore CPUs, support for high capacity Digital Signal Processors for future enhanced video capabilities, high powered service modules with improved availability, Gigabit Ethernet switching with enhanced POE, and new energy monitoring and control capabilities. Cisco 2900 Series builds on the best-in-class offering of the existing Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers by offering four platforms the Cisco 2901, 2911, 2921, and 2951 Integrated Services Routers.
Cisco 2900 Series a Telephone System
With a large number of different interfaces and modules. Cisco 2900 series routers offer medium-sized enterprises that require state-of-the-art Telephony. Cisco 2900 series routers use the universal IOS software image, the new software model allows customers to plan and test new services on their networks today. The universal image of Cisco IOS is divided into four functional packages by functionality, each of which can be activated by separate licenses if necessary. Cisco 2900 series router OS contains all sets of functions that allows the small enterprise to quickly carry out the deployment of perspective technologies without loading of a new image of the software. Cisco 2900 Series designed Designed for scalability, the modular architecture of these platforms enables you to grow and adapt with your business needs. Cisco Switches and Cisco Router Together make intelligent integration of market leading security, unified communications, wireless, and application services. With embedded voice services and a wide range of supported telephony interfaces, the Cisco 2900 Series delivers maximum deployment flexibility in both telephone System and Data Networking for the distributed enterprise. Cisco Telephone System is enabled through a rich signaling and media-processing infrastructure, including a variety of protocols, media interworking, signal and
media security, transcoding, conferencing, and QoS.